REGULATORY CHANGE Immediate limit against shares sold will no longer be available (June 19 onwards)

Introducing Instant DP-to-Pledge with Sharekhan

In line with the new Regulatory guidelines, starting June 19, 2023, we can no longer provide immediate limit against shares sold from your demat account or from your unpaid share account or from your EMF-funded account. Stock sale proceeds will be available for trading from the next trading day onwards (T+1).

But WORRY NOT, Sharekhan's got your back!
Get instant limit to trade seamlessly with the Instant DP-to-Pledge process, where you can pledge the shares in your DP before selling to get additional limit in just 2 steps!

2 easy steps for Instant DP-to-Pledge

  1. On the DPSR/Holding Report page, click on the DP-TO-PLEDGE button. A new page will open, where you can select the shares and the qty to be pledged. Once done, click PROCEED.
  2. You will be redirected to the Depository’s webpage. On confirming the pledge, an OTP will get triggered to your registered Mobile No. and Email ID. Enter the OTP and hit Submit. Your request is submitted successfully and you get instant limit for trading!

Click here to see the 2 steps involved in Sharekhan's instant DP-to-Pledge process with screenshots.

This comes into effect starting on Monday, June 19. Till Friday, June 16, you can trade normally and you will get credit normally for shares sold from your demat account or from your unpaid share account or from your EMF-funded account.

- Pledge charges of Rs 20 + GST per pledge request are applicable
- The DP-to-Pledge facility is available for customers who hold a Demat account with Sharekhan Limited
- DP-to-Pledge can be availed by those who have provided Power of Attorney (PoA) to Sharekhan

Dear Customer,

Regulatory Update: There is a change in the limit available to you post selling stocks from your demat account or from unpaid share account or from your EMF-funded account. This shall be effective June 19, 2023 (Monday).

Old Process
When a stock was sold, only up to 80% sale credit could be used to create any further position in any segments on the sale date. The other 20% was blocked as upfront margin to the Exchange.

New Process starting June 19, 2023, onwards
In line with Regulatory guidelines, the credit of the sale can be provided for further trading only after the following 2 steps:

  • After the market closes, Sharekhan will pay-in your shares with the Depository.
  • The credit entry of the sale value of shares will be posted in the ledger of the client.

In other words, the stock sale proceeds will be available for trading from the next trading day onwards.

Sample Illustration
Say you sell stocks worth Rs 1,00,000 on a Wednesday.

Old process: You would get up to 80% of sales proceeds for further trading. It means, you can use Rs 80,000 for further trading in any segment on Wednesday.

New process starting June 19, 2023, onwards: The entire sale value of Rs 1,00,000 shall be available for trading from Thursday onwards. This amount cannot be used on Wednesday.

Feel free to reach out to your Branch/Relationship Manager in case of queries.

Warm Regards
Team Sharekhan

sharekhan contact Most Trusted Brand

Registered Office: Sharekhan Limited, The Ruby, 18th Floor, 29 Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar (West), Mumbai – 400 028, Maharashtra, INDIA. Tel: 022 - 67502000. Tel: 022 – 61150000. Sharekhan Ltd.: SEBI Regn. Nos.: BSE / NSE / MSEI (CASH / F&O / CD) / MCX – Commodity: INZ000171337; DP: NSDL/CDSL-IN-DP-365-2018; PMS: INP000005786; Mutual Fund: ARN 20669; Research Analyst: INH000006183; MCX Member id – 56125; For any complaints email at

Compliance Officer: Ms. Binkle R. Oza; email id:; Tel: 022-62263303.

Disclaimer: Investment in securities market are subject to market risks, read all the related documents carefully before investing. Please refer the Risk Disclosure Document issued by SEBI and go through the Rights and Obligations and Do’s and Dont’s issued by Stock Exchanges and Depositories before trading on the Stock Exchanges.

This information is only for consumption by the client, and such material should not be redistributed.

Join us on